Looking to eat more plant based meals? Are your vegan or vegetarian family members tired of salads and rice at get together? This phenomenal recipe is savory and hearty enough to satisfy anyone, while delivering on a plant based lifestyle.
Before eating plant based, one of my favorite meals was Chinese green beans with pork (Pad Prik King). It’s a super flavorful dish that always made me feel good about eating more veggies, while satisfying my cravings for a hearty, savory meal.
Today, I center much of my personal meal planning on plant proteins, paired with vegetable sides. This recipe, however has the vegetable as the hero ingredient, with the plant protein added for seasoning and texture.
Simplifying Plant Based Meals
Because my family still eats meat, meal time typically means creating two separate recipes. Often, I can simply make myself tofu or tempeh and add it to whatever side dishes I’m serving the rest of the gang. Making a separate recipe is often out-of-the-question… unless I can make it super easy in just one pan.
This recipe simply involves one pan and a microwave. Easy-peasy. Although fresh green beans are a snap, I like having frozen beans on hand. Most grocers have the microwave-in-a-bag variety of frozen beans. Microwave the green beans for 3 minutes instead of 5 and then toss into the pan with sautéed shallots and plant based chorizo.
A Super Flexible Recipe
The animal lover in me hates to tell you this, but you insist… you can easily substitute dairy butter and pork chorizo into this recipe. Heck, you can add nearly any meat… plant based or not and it’ll surly be delicious. (I may try a tofu taco meat version someday soon.)
Yet, I beg you to try this plant based version first. We can all do well by increasing our intake of veggies & plants. Click on these links to learn more about Miyoko’s Butter or the Simple Truth Sausage. Why not check the box with a delicious and simple recipe that everyone will love? 🙂Print
This recipe works well as side or entree
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Whole Green Beans
- 1 Simple Truth Plant-Based Meatless Chorizo Sausage (just one sausage), diced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp Miyoko’s Cultured Vegan Butter
- 2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- Add sliced shallot to a large pan with 1 Tbsp of butter, stir until translucent
- Microwave the green beans on high in the unopened bag for 3 minutes. This is less than the package directions, but help ensure they don’t overcook. Let them sit in the microwave to cool once done.
- Add diced sausage to the shallots
- Cook the shallots and sausage, stirring occasionally, until they both are browned
- Take the green beans out of the microwave, open the bag and add them directly to the pan with shallots and sausage. (Make sure they’ve cooled enough before opening the bag.)
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and 2 Tbsp of butter to the pan and stir to incorporate
- Serve with your choice of entree or eat as a meal
- This Simple Recipe for Cabbage Salad will Blow Your Mind
- Beet, Hemp Hearts & Parsley: Your New Hearty Antioxidant Salad Buddies
- What’s Work Life Balance? A Term That Drives Me Crazy… Find Out Why & What I Focus on Instead.
- My Ultimate Fridge Staple: Easy and Flexible Walnut Pesto Recipe
- How’s Your Me Time? My Shocking Realization that Mine Sucked